The first of its kind in Bangladesh, the Masters in Science and Post Graduate Diploma in Early Childhood Development is a pioneering program with a unique curriculum which deals with pre-primary education. With a unique combination of classroom studies and field research, this one-year program caters to both professionals and private individuals working on early childhood development to further their understanding of major contemporary issues. These issues range from early childhood, play and parenting, school readiness, program design to advocacy on a national and global scale.
Early Childhood Development is a rarely explored field in Bangladesh at present. Over the years BRAC IED has fine-tuned their curriculum to exact standards, and created pedagogy which is culturally relative to Bangladesh. The Early Childhood Development programme studies changes in human beings from conception till the age of eight through both qualitative and quantitative research. Early socialization affects their physical, emotional, cognitive and social development. It is, therefore, imperative that we invest in understanding the development of children, and create a support system to allow children to reach their highest potential.
Our courses have been developed by faculty members from the finest universities around the world; in addition, the knowledge generated from the interventions in early years is reflected in our programme. The overall program is periodically reviewed to ensure that we remain dedicated to our goal while also taking social changes into account. Our ECD programme offers two degrees: the Post Graduate Diploma in Early Childhood Development, and the Masters of Science in Early Childhood Development.
The following courses are offered from our programme:
- ECD 521: Foundation of Early Childhood Development
- ECD 523: Play and Creativity
- ECD 524: School Readiness
- ECD 527: Individualized Teaching and Learning
- ECD 525: Working with Families
- ECD 526: Contemporary Issues in ECD
- ECD 520: Program Design and an Introduction to Research
- ECD 529: Research Methods: An Introduction to Basic Principles
- ECD 528: Policy Development and Advocacy
- ECD 530: Research Methods: Project Proposal Development
- ECD 531: Advanced Seminar
- ECD 532: Dissertation