General Concerns referred to Counselors:
Enlisted below are a few of the general concerns frequently referred to Counselors:
- I am feeling home sick.
- I am feeling lonely and sad.
- Interacting with others is my problem.
- I am feeling stressed.
- I am not doing well academically.
- My anxiety is negatively affecting my performance.
- I have problem which I cannot express openly so want to talk.
- My eating habits are creating problems in adjustment.
- I feel myself an alien because of my absolutely different background.
- Because of my shyness and self-consciousness my friend circle is not growing.
- Can I trust the psychological testing for future planning?
- My negative thoughts are over powering me.
- I have lost interest in studies
- My aim in life is missing.
- I am losing temper very frequently.
- I am losing confidence because of my weak English.
- I have poor decision making power.
- How can I control by irresistible desire of any kind of addictions.
- Are there any special services for me?
Adjusting to university can be difficult. Students may experience discomfort related to:
- First time exposure to university
- Classroom etiquette
- Course load
- Study habit
- Time management
- Communication with Faculty
- Peer relationships
- Language difficulties
- And more…